Ian Symmonds & Associates (ISA) seeks an ambitious and highly skilled senior practitioner in the independent and/or higher education sectors to grow the advancement, fundraising, and development division within our research and strategy consulting firm.
ISA is an innovative research and strategy firm for independent schools, colleges, universities, and non-profits. Led by the innovative thinking of founder Ian Symmonds, ISA sets the consulting standard for the next generation of educational strategists. Since our inception in 2003, we have served over 205 clients, representing 48 states and several countries and territories.
The Director of Advancement Services will join a strong internal research team and innovative support structure to consult on development projects. This position requires the following:
- Moderate travel.
- Ongoing marketing and promotion, including writing and speaking.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and facilitation skills.
- Five to ten years of relevant advancement experience in independent schools or private colleges.
- Previous speaking, writing, and consulting experience.
- Ability to travel extensively and manage two to three projects simultaneously.
- Excellent technology skills, including the use of collaboration media, web-based services, and video conferencing clients.
The Director of Advancement Services will be compensated on a per project basis. This position can be filled by a sitting practitioner at an independent school or college with the proper experience and context for ongoing consulting. Interested candidates should forward their CV or resume directly to Ian Symmonds, president of ISA, via email at email@example.com.