Ian Symmonds & Associates (ISA) seeks an experienced and highly skilled senior practitioner in the independent and/or higher education sectors to grow with our research and strategy consulting firm.
ISA is an innovative research and strategy firm for independent schools, colleges, universities, and non-profits. Led by the innovative thinking of founder Ian Symmonds, ISA sets the consulting standard for the next generation of educational strategists. Since our inception in 2003, we have served over 155 clients, representing 45 states, two countries, and several territories.
The Senior Consultant will join a strong team and innovative support structure to consult on strategy projects in our core competencies of research, strategic planning, enrollment management, marketing, positioning, communications, development, institutional leadership, and creative services. We seek sitting practitioners at the executive level within independent schools or private colleges to serve on a consulting project (contract) basis. These positions will be ongoing with ISA as part-time, contract only roles. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced sitting practitioners to develop a consulting practice with one of the nation’s foremost and innovative educational consulting firms.
Requirements for the Senior Consultant role include the following:
- Excellent writing, speaking, and facilitation skills.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in independent schools or private colleges.
- Previous speaking, writing, and consulting experience.
- Proven track record of success in ISA’s core consulting competencies (see above).
- Ability to travel and manage up to three consulting projects simultaneously.
- Excellent technology skills, including the use of collaboration media, web-based services, and video conferencing clients.
- Attendance at a one-day spring weekend training retreat in Portland, Oregon in March or April 2012 to meet our team, learn our systems and processes, and become acclimated with our consulting culture.
Sitting college presidents, vice presidents, heads and assistant heads of school with the skills above are highly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should forward their CV or resume directly to Ian Symmonds, president of ISA, no later than January 25, 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone and videoconference interviews will be scheduled in early February 2012.